Saturday, March 20, 2010

chapter 4

The next day was the same as the day before. I sat in my seat staring at the board for hours until the bell rang. Nothing was the same without Riku. I bet Kyle used me for that one day. He probably thought I was interesting because I wasn't rich. I didn't have anything the other girls in my class did. I had no looks, no money, no nothing. Why would anyone want to be with someone like me? What made me so special for Kyle to see me differently? That's the thing... nothing.

If I wasn't worried about my brother I wouldn't have tried to come to this school. There's no reason for me to try when there's always someone better. I laid my head on the desk and stared at nothing. The teachers wouldn't bug me because I would answer every question right and they'd feel dumb after trying to make me dumb. I was just that snobby and annoying. Every girl that walked past my desk snickered and made fun of me for losing my best friend. Could my week get any worse?

I hadn't realized it was lunch time until Kyle tapped my shoulder.
"Are you alright? What's wrong?"
I turned away from him and muttered, "Don't touch me and just leave me alone."
"Why are you being like this?"
"No reason. I just want to be left alone."
He definitely didn't fall for that one especially because everyone was talking about Riku leaving.
"Is it because of Riku?"
"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"
I covered my face and pretended like I was going to sleep. That's when the unexpected happened. He lifted me out of my seat and held me in his arms. I felt like I was being treated like a kid. This oddly irritated me. "Let me go!"
I kept trying to push him away, but he didn't budge. In the end I gave up and just used his shoulder for my tears.
"Spill your heart out. Let everything go. It's okay... It's okay to be sad. I'll support you."
I cried out, "What do you know? You have everything! Your friends won't leave you! Your parents are alive and your rich! Stop trying to act like you know me! You don't know anything about me! You can't support me!" I pushed him away and tried to run away, but he hugged me from behind.
"I'm not letting go until you promise me that you'll give me a chance. I want to make you feel better. I'll be your support. Even though I have everything that doesn't mean I'm happy. Even though I am happy doesn't mean that I don't understand you. I do... and so please let me explain."

--------------------------

I decided why not? Why not let him explain? It's not like listening to him won't hurt. After I told him I'd listen, he took me to the school garden. "I thought no one usually came into the garden? How'd you know about this place?"
He smiled, "Why wouldn't I? This place is an amazing place to stay away from people. I love it here."
That shocked me because I assumed that anyone with money would go shopping instead of staying at a place like this. "How often do you come here?"
He shrugged, "Don't know. Just when there's too much people and I need to get away."
"Sounds reasonable."
His mouth opened to say something but it seemed like he couldn't say it because he held back. I guess he decided not the say anything because he began talking about something random.
"I... uh... love these flowers. They remind me of when I was a little kid. Used to always play in the garden with a whole bunch of my friends. I always brought mischief though. Usually ran around smashing all the flowers and such. After my friends would leave, I'd sit there trying to fix all the dead flowers. I don't know why I tried, but I guess its because I felt like flowers were alive. Sometimes I'd visit my garden back home whenever I got sad or I was frustrated. It just felt comforting."
He really wasn't the type of guy I accused him to be. He was a sweet kid that really did see more than just money and fame. That brought a smile to my face.
"You're not the same as those other people in school. I'm sorry I accused you."
"It's fine. Most people would believe that too. I mean who wouldn't? I have everything. You're right. The only thing you don't know is that there's limitations. Being rich gives you society's expectations and less true relationships. I'm worried everyday about who I should trust. Everyone wants to get close to me because of my status. I'm not even the one that's rich. No one knows me for who I truly am..."
He was right. No one really did know him. I only accused him for being a snobby rich kid because others treated him like he was king.

No comments:

 

Snow Flake Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template