Saturday, March 20, 2010

chapter 3

Everyday was the same routine. I never woke up early enough to get fully prepared for school. What I wanted most was a mother that’d wake me up in the morning and a father that would wish me luck before school. All I had was a lazy brother and an alarm to wake me up.
I stared at the reflection in front of me; there stood a depressed emo girl. False pretense was written all over her face. She had a fake smile on that could deceive anyone, even her best friend. She had long black hair with bangs that covered her face. There was a tint of sadness in her light brown eyes. There was nothing interesting or pretty about the girl that stood in front of me.
I put on make up to cover my insecurities and straightened my hair to cover my face. I liked the fact that no one looked at me it was way more exciting that way, but was that going to stay forever? I don’t think so, not with Kyle starting to recognize me. I kept reminding myself that I shouldn’t be talking to him, but there was something about him that caught me off guard; his eyes, his words, his warm smile, and everything about him. I don’t even know him that well; all I knew is that he was sweet that night when he took me home.
Suddenly, I heard Jake pound on the door. “KAREN!! HURRY THE FUCK UP!! I NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!!” I rolled my eyes at the door thinking that he could see me through the door, “OKAY! JUST SHUT UP!” I opened the door in his face and walked out. “OUCH!! YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO SMASH THE DOOR IN MY FACE!”
I grinned, “But you wanted me to hurry up.”
He grunted, “You’re a bitch!”
I hurried out the door and headed to school without even thinking about breakfast. I just hope that today will go as planned; I’ll have dinner with Kyle, then I’ll forget about him and move on with life.

AT SCHOOL
Something was definitely up because Riku didn’t even tell me that she wasn’t going to be at school. I sat down in my usual seat but without Riku. That’s when Kyle walked in with the tomato head. He smiled at me while waving. Without thinking about the consequences, I smiled back. All the girls around me realized this and started giving me the deathly glares. Of course, I ignored those girls by texting Riku.
ME: Where are you??
RIKU: Sorry, I forgot to tell you. I’m kinda busy.
ME: What?? You’re avoiding my question.
RIKU: Don’t forget to give me the notes for today.
ME: You’re still avoiding my question.
I could tell that something was up because she didn’t write me a reply.
DURING LUNCH
I went to the garden and I decided to call Riku. After my third try, she answered.
ME: Hello?
RIKU: Hey.
ME: What’s wrong?
RIKU: …..
ME: You know you could tell me anything.
RIKU: ….
ME: Trust me.. I’ll listen.
RIKU: I have to go to China.
ME: What? Why?
I could feel the tears form in my eyes. I knew what was coming. RIku told me this a year ago.
FLASH BACK
There was sadness in her eyes and her expression was dead serious.
“Karen, you shouldn’t get too close to me. All I will do is hurt you and make you sad.”
“Why? I bet you’re the kindest person.”
“No… That’s not what I mean. I might have to move or listen to my parents. They’re definitely going to split us up soon.”
“Oh.. But that’s going to be a long way from now and besides we can still keep in contact.”
PRESENT
RIKU: It’s my parents. They want me to go there to learn more about business and start helping them.
ME: why can’t you just do that here??
RIKU: … it’s complicated. Well, I gotta go. See you tomorrow.
The only thing I could think of was how lonely I was going to be at this stupid rich school and how much I was going to miss Riku. Tears kept flowing from my eyes and I felt like the whole world was against me. Why can’t I have one person to help me? Was god purposely trying to ruin my life?
(AUTHOR’S NOTE: I wrote this part listening to Like a Knife – Secondhand Serenade)

Continue to chapter 4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 comment:

Katie said...

WAY TOO SHORT! Please Update!!!

 

Snow Flake Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template